I learned this Asian Mother Sauce while I was in culinary school and it quickly became one of my favorites. It’s a very diverse sauce that can be used in a variety of Asian-inspired dishes.
You can use it very simply, as is, for a dipping sauce for Disney Dishes like the S.E.A. Shu Mai from the Jungle Navigation Company LTD Skipper Canteen.
It works great whisked with a little neutral oil as a salad dressing,
You can also reduce it to make a thicker and richer version of the sauce for several dishes.
The possibilities are nearly endless.
Make this sauce, store it in your fridge and use it often!
Asian Mother Sauce
- 2 cups – Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 cups – Brown Sugar – Packed
- 1 tbls – Lemongrass – Minced
- 2 tbls – Fresh Ginger – Minced
- 2 tbls – Fresh Garlic – Minced
- 6 leaves – Thai Basil – Minced
- Sambal Oelek – To Taste
- Whisk together all ingredients until well blended