One thing you may not know about us is we love Guinness. We’ve even had the chance to visit the famous brewery in Dublin on multiple occasions. We also happen to be big fans of Baileys Irish Cream and all things Ice Cream. So, it should come as absolutely no surprise to you that we are big fans of the Guinness Baileys Milkshake that can be found right now at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
Unfortunately, we haven’t had the chance to visit The Most Magical Place On Earth since the Ireland boot opened, recently. So, we’ve been desperately missing one of our favorite frosty & boozy drinks. So, we thought it was time to fix that. That’s right, here is our Disney Dishes version of the Guinness Baileys Milkshake.
Let’s get blending!
The components for our Guinness Baileys Milkshake are very straightforward. As a matter of fact, it’s only made up of four ingredients. Obviously, those would include the pair that are right in the name, Guinness Stout Beer and Baileys Irish Cream.
Of course, this is also a Milkshake so that means you’ll need Ice Cream; Vanilla in this case.
The one hidden portion that you may not immediately expect is the Chocolate Sauce. It helps counterbalance the rather “minty” flavor from the Baileys while enhancing the Guinness.
Our Guinness Baileys Milkshake
This is an easy drink to put together and it will happen quickly. So, be sure you have everything ready to go as you get started including your serving glasses. All you need to do is place Guinness Stout Beer, Baileys Irish Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Chocolate Sauce into a traditional blender.
- Since this comes together very quickly, and is best when extremely frosty, I highly recommend you chill every aspect of this drink in advance. Obviously, the Vanilla Ice Cream will be frozen, so you’re covered there. I also suggest making sure the Beer, Baileys, and Chocolate are very cold, as well. Heck, I even think you may want to place the Blender Canister and Serving Glasses into the freezer for a few minutes, as well. You’ll thank me when it’s sipping time!
Blend until all the ingredients come together and are very smooth.
Divide between your serving glasses and top with a sprinkle of Cocoa Powder or Shaved Chocolate, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy (responsibly)!
Wowee, wow, wow! One sip of this Guinness Baileys Milkshake and we’re transported right back to Epcot. Maybe even back to Ireland! It’s rich, frosty and absolutely delicious.
When you first take a drink you’re immediately hit with the Baileys. The mint and whiskey hit you but in a really comforting way. You get a hint of the bitterness from the Guinness that is complemented perfectly by the touch of Chocolate. Meanwhile the Vanilla Ice Cream completes the indulgence in a sweet and creamy way.
This drink is an absolute dream! Make it this weekend and bring a little bit of Ireland (and a whole lot of Epcot) to your next get-together!
- One quick note: This will not be as thick as your every day, classic, milkshake. It’s more the consistency of a cream-based martini. If you’d like it to be more of what you might think of as a traditional shake, add more Ice Cream to the blender until it reaches the thickness you prefer. It will still be completely delicious.
Guinness Baileys Milkshake
Makes approximately 2 – 16 oz servings
- ¾ cup – Vanilla Ice Cream
- 6 oz – Guinness Stout Beer – Chilled
- 6 oz – Baileys Irish Cream – Chilled
- 3 oz – Chocolate Sauce – Chilled
- Cocoa Powder (for garnish – if desired)
- Chocolate Shavings (for garnish – if desired)
For the Guinness Baileys Milkshake
- Add the Vanilla Ice Cream, Guinness Stout Beer, Baileys Irish Cream, and Chocolate Sauce to a traditional blender
- Blend until all the ingredients come together and the mixture is very smooth
- Divide evenly between serving glasses and garnish the top with a pinch of Cocoa Powder and/or Chocolate Shavings (if desired)
- Serve immediately and enjoy (responsibly)!