If you know us, at all, then you know we are about as big a fans of Hamilton: An American Musical that you’ll find. So, that also makes us super excited about the smash-hit’s debut on Disney+. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’ve decided to provide you with a few cocktail recipes inspired by Lin-Manuel Miranda’s masterpiece.
- Note: If you’re looking for an introduction to Hamilton, to get you prepared for it’s upcoming release on Disney+, be sure to check out the first of our 2 part crossover Hyperion Adventures Podcast episodes exploring this cultural phenomenon. Give our Hamilton 101 with Part of Our World Podcast episode. Then, after you get a chance to watch the musical, check out Part 2 on Keenan & Rachael’s show for an in-depth look into the cultural phenomenon.
Well, we’ve finally made it! Its Hamilton’s release day on Disney+ and we couldn’t be more excited about it. To celebrate the big day, we’ve decided to wrap up our collection of Hamilton Themed Cocktails with the drink that has long been one that we’ve enjoyed whenever we’ve watched this amazing musical. Better yet, it’s based on one of the show’s best 1st Act characters, the Marquis de Lafayette. Without out further ado, here is our recipe for America’s Favorite Fighting French Martini!
Let’s take this horse by the reigns!
The components for our America’s Favorite French Martini all should be easily found within your local grocery or liquor store.
There’s only one alteration I can suggest from the ingredients you see in the photo above. That’s if you want to make this drink genuinely “French”. You can do that by using alcoholic products created within that country. If you’d like to do that, you’d want to use Grey Goose Vodka and your favorite French Champagne along with the Chambord, which is also from France.
However this cocktail does not suffer from the use of alcohol from other countries. Since I’m cheap, that’s what I’ve done.
Once again, we have another drink recipe for you that takes very little time to put together. Just add the Vodka, Créme de Cassis and Pineapple Juice to a Cocktail Shaker filled with Ice. Shake to combine and strain into 2 chilled Martini Glasses or Champagne Flutes. Top off with Champagne and garnish with a 2 Lemon Rind Twists.
Our America’s Favorite Fighting French Martini is one of our absolute favorite cocktails. It’s sweet, it’s refreshing and it’s just plain delicious. The Pineapple Juice provides this wonderful bright quality complemented by the rich berry flavor from the Créme de Cassis. Meanwhile, there’s always the background presence from the Vodka, which helps keep this from being too sugary, and the Champagne that lightens the entire cocktail.
We learn in the show that Lafayette is the “Lancelot of the Revolutionary Set”. Well, this cocktail is Lafayette of our Hamilton Themed Cocktails!
Warning! – This is another cocktail that can sneak up on your quickly. Please drink responsibly!
America’s Favorite Fighting French Martini – A Hamilton Inspired Cocktail
Makes approximately 2 – 8 oz Cocktails
- 3 oz – Vodka
- 1 oz – Créme de Cassis – Like Chambord
- 1 oz – Pineapple Juice
- Champagne or Sparkling Wine – As Needed
- 2 – Lemon Rind Twists for Garnish
- Fill a Cocktail Shaker with Ice. Add the the Vodka, Créme de Cassis and Pineapple Juice
- Shake until well blended and strain into 2 Chilled Martini Glasses or Champagne Flutes
- Top off with Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Garnish with Lemon Rind Twists and serve immediately
Be sure to check out our other Disney Dishes cocktails:
Alexander Hamilton Fizz – A Hamilton Themed Cocktail
Aaron Burr-Bon Manhattan – A Hamilton Inspired Cocktail
In The Eye Of A Hurricane – A Hamilton Inspired Cocktail
Hamil-Colada – A Hamilton Inspired Cocktail