We’ve been lucky enough to have enjoyed several Disney Cruise Line sailings over the years. We love everything about it. The service is impeccable, the entertainment is outstanding and the ships are immaculate.
One of the greatest things about sailing with Captain Mickey are the regular stops to Castaway Cay. It is our absolute, favorite cruise destination for a quiet day at the beach. And what beach day would be complete without a frosty and fruity cocktail? Well, today, we’re sharing a Disney Cruise favorite with you. It’s the Konk Cooler from Castaway Cay.
Let’s sail-away to the tropics!
The list of components for our Konk Cooler from Castaway Cay is a very short one. It only contains two types of Rum, two different Juices, some Coconut and ice.
This, also, happens to be a blended drink. So, yes, you will need a blender.
The one sticking point I found, when shopping for the ingredients, was that I was unable to track down any strictly Passion Fruit Juice. However, I was able to find a the frozen concentrate of a Passion Fruit and Orange Juice combo that you can see in the picture above. Since the recipe required both, I went with it and it worked fine. However, if you can find the separate juices, I would suggest you use them, instead.
Everything into the blender!
As I already mentioned, this is a blended drink. So, all of our ingredients are going into the blender. Yep, the Light Rum, Dark Rum, Orange Juice, Passion Fruit Juice (or the combination of the two, in this case), Cream of Coconut and Ice.
From there, it’s simple. Blend until smooth and frosty. If you like your drink a little more on the “slushy” side, feel free to add more ice, as desired.
- Confession Time: While there is a fair amount of alcohol in this recipe, we tend to like our drinks a little stronger. So, we may have gave the Rum bottles a little “whoopsie” tip into the blender (if you know what I mean). We enjoyed the results but, please be careful when doing this. This is a cocktail that can definitely sneak up on you. So, as they say, please drink responsibly.
It took just one taste of our Konk Cooler from Castaway Cay to feel like we had been transported right to a comfy beach lounger. It has everything you want from a tropical drink on relaxing beach day. It’s frostiness will refresh on even the most hot and humid day.
With each sip you get a nice blast of citrus from the Orange Juice balanced with the sweetness from the Passion Fruit Juice. While the Cream of Coconut provides this wonderful luxuriousness throughout.
It’s a next level Piña Colada that will bring you right back to your favorite island getaway.
Make this drink and drift off for a Castaway Cay getaway in your own home!
Konk Cooler from Castaway Cay
Makes approximately 2 – 16 oz Servings
- 3 oz – Dark Rum
- 3 oz – Light Rum
- 4 oz – Orange Juice
- 6 oz – Passion Fruit Juice
- 8 oz – Cream of Coconut
- 3 oz – Ice
- 2 tbls – Parmesan Cheese – Grated
- 1 tbls – Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- Kosher or Sea Salt – To Taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and frosty
- Serve in a tall, tropical drink glass with your favorite fresh fruit garnish
Be sure to check out our other Disney Dishes