One of the longest running and most popular attractions at the Walt Disney World resort isn’t in the parks at all. We’re talking about the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It’s dinner and a show all wrapped up into one entertaining little package. It’s been providing guests with family friendly fun and home-style food for over 40 years at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds. Today, I’m going to bring you the recipe for one of its most crowd-pleasing side dishes. Yep, it’s our Cornbread Recipe from the Hoop Dee Doo Review
The components for our Cornbread Recipe From The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is pretty straightforward. If you’ve ever made cornbread in the past, then you may already have most of these items in your pantry and refrigerator.
There is one change I’m making from most of your standard recipes. I prefer to used Melted Butter instead of Vegetable Oil. You can use whatever you prefer, however, I feel the Butter provides another layer of flavor that the Oil just doesn’t bring to the table.
Begin by placing the Corn Meal, All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
Next, add the Eggs, Milk and Melted Butter for a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients in the medium-sized bowl and mix until just combined. Try your best not to over-mix the batter as that can make your finished bread a little dense.
Now, prepare a 13″ x 9″ Baking Dish by coating the inside with Cooking Spray or Butter. Add the Cornbread Batter and spread evenly. Place in a preheated 375ºF oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly.
Allow to cool slightly on a baking rack. Then cut into your desired size portions and serve warm with Butter and Honey. (Or Honey-Butter)
This Cornbread Recipe from the Hoop Dee Doo Revue takes us right back to Pioneer Hall. The outer edges have a wonderful, crispy texture while the interior stays lovely and moist. It’s sweet and hearty and is the perfect sidekick to any home-style meal.
Make this for your family and bring a little Hoop Dee Doo to your home!
Cornbread Recipe from the Hoop Dee Doo Review
Makes approximately 12 – 15 servings
- ¾ cup – Corn Meal
- 1¾ cup – All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbls – Baking Powder
- 1¼ cup – Granulated Sugar
- 1½ tsp – Salt
- ½ cup – Melted Butter or Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup – Milk
- 2 – Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF
- Add the Corn Meal, All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Granulated Sugar and Salt to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine
- Next, add the Melted Butter or Vegetable Oil, Milk and Eggs to a small bowl. Whisk until well combined
- Add the Wet Ingredient Mixture to the Dry Ingredient Mixture and stir until just combined. Try not to over-mix the batter
- Using Cooking Spray or Butter, grease the inside of a 13″ x 9″ Baking Pan. Add the Cornbread Batter and spread evenly
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375ºF until the outside is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly
- Cool slightly on a baking rack. Cut into desired portion sizes and serve warm
If you enjoyed this Disney Dish, be sure to check out our other Walt Disney World recipes